vegan, makes 4 triangles
1 wrap or tortilla (if using extra large lavash bread, you may need to slice in half – and have a more square shape rather than a half-circle)
1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
1-2 tsp vegan butter (Earth Balance)
1-2 tsp maple or agave syrup
pinch of seasoned salt
additional spices for inside or outside of the wrap – optional
1. Melt the vegan butter in a very hot skillet.
2. Add the tortilla. Toss it around in the melted butter a bit to wet all sides.
3. Lay “butter-tossed” tortilla flat in the pan and quickly add the avocado. Mash the avocado a bit into the tortilla and fold over one side – just as you would a quesadilla. Note: you can also sear the avocado a bit in the hot pan if you’d like a warmer – softer avocado filling texture.
4. Drizzle the maple syrup over top the hot tortilla and wait for the sizzling to begin. The maple syrup will caramelize with the butter to brown the edges of the wrap.
5. Carefully flip the tortilla so that both sides brown. If a few ago slices spill out, just open the wrap and slide them back in. And if you really want, you can add some Daiya cheese to make the tortilla stick together (not needed for flavor though!) The heating process is pretty fast – just a few minutes from start to finish.
6. Remove skillet from heat or transfer avo-dilla to plate to cool.
7. Slice and serve warm! Yummy with hot sauce. You can also add more spices over top the warm ago-dilla to flavor a bit.